Tuesday, April 25, 2006

hey big spender!

Big spender that's me, yes it is. Now lookie what I spent it on.

wool_bouquet

I attended the auction for the very small school where my husband teaches 5th and 6th grade. It's a Waldorf inspired school which apparently equals very cool auction. I spotted the felting kit and boy I was on it, if anyone was taking it home it was for sure gonna be me. It was a little touch and go the last sixty seconds but I shamelessly shamed the parent that kept out bidding me (a little low I know, but man I had to have it). Here are some photos of what I've already made with the glorious roving I won, you can also see some of the fabric beads in action.

felt_bracelet

feltring_detail


I also won the coolest kid art project. The 1st and 2nd grade made insect mobiles sculpted out of colored beeswax for the auction. I won one of the butterfly mobiles, I haven't been able to get a good photo yet so no pics, you have to use your imagination.


To change the subject slightly I am a participant in Back-Tack III I really didn't think I would make the sign-ups in time, needless to say I am over the moon that I am participating... so this is just to say expect more back-tack related posts to come.

1 Comments:

Blogger Casey said...

It's fun to find another Portland blogger! The auction soundsl ike fun and the felting kit is cool! I bought a kit last summer and have made some little flowers but I'm not sure what to do with them.

10:57 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home